CCL graduates Jason Wang and Rohan Padhye took sole 1st place to win the Ohio High School and Ohio Middle School championships, respectively. This means that Jason and Rohan will be representing Ohio and CCL at the Championship of Champions tournaments. Jason will meet the other state High School Championships at the Denker while Rohan will meet the other state Middle School Champions at the Barber. These tournaments are held at the beginning of the US Championship. Both of these young men represent the best of Ohio, both in chess as well as class. There is much to be proud of with these fine young chess players.
- CCL started 14.5 years ago when I retired. The time has gone quickly and many of my little elementary students are now adults, attending colleges or having strong careers. I have lost track of many of them but these are the students that I know where they landed. If you were in CCL and I didn't list you, please let me know and I will update this blog. Good luck to all of you. When you look at this list, it is easy to believe that chess is good for your development. I have many fond memories of all of you. 'Alan
- Chris Shen got admitted to the Harvard class of 2026 and he will study Economics and Math this coming fall.
- Walker Griggs graduated from Oberlin College and is a graduate student in Russian Literature at USC.
- John Hughes graduated from Cornell University and lives near the East Village in NYC working in IT at Google.
- Forest Chen is in the Vanderbilt class of 2024.
- Vincent Baker is attending The Ohio State University, majoring in Finance.
- Maggie Feng is attending The Ohio State University.
- Aristo Liu is planning to study mathematics and computer science at Columbia University in New York.
- Justin Storn is currently at Case Western in Cleveland, studying Biomedical Engineering.
- Luke Xie is currently studying applied math in computation at UCLA.
- Sam Massick is at Princeton.
- Noah Keating-Adams graduated the University of Cincinnati with a bachelor's degree in finance and earned a master's degree in finance there as well. He now works as a financial analyst in the insurance industry.
- Aryan Balyan is going to the University of Cincinnati next year and will be studying computer science.
- Abhi Ramaswamy will graduate from Georgetown University with a political science degree this spring. He plans on going to graduate school in political science.
- Anagh Kulkarni is a Bio-Medical student at OSU currently in his 3rd year. He is studying to be a medical doctor.
- Emily Hu went to the Pennsylvania State University last year.
- Rahul Ramaswamy is graduating with a medical degree from Vanderbilt University this spring. He is working toward being a doctor in Hematology / Oncology.
- Stanley Cao is currently at Stanford.
- Matthew Yuan is in his sophomore year at Duke.
- Shourjya Ghosh is a sophomore at Vanderbilt, with a double major in computer science and economics.
- Meghana Bhanuprasad now lives in India where she is pursuing Electronics and Communications Engineering at the National Institute of Technology. She plans to return to the United States in a couple of years for graduate school.
- Vincent Chen went to Duke last year.
- Joe Kleban also goes to Georgetown and sees Abhi at their chess club.
- Sneha Prabu will probably be going to The Ohio State University next year.
- Dakshin Pisini will probably be going to The Ohio State University next year.
- Tim Goldenberg graduated from the University of Cincinnati (as did Alan Casden).
- Justin Wu will go to Stanford.
- Victoria Baker is attending Butler University. She is currently in Germany as an exchange student at WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management for Spring 2022.
- Sanjay Medicherla is currently going to the University of Cincinnati.
- Jacob Eismann accepted a swimming scholarship to attend the University of Kentucky and is a Junior majoring in Finance.
- Hemma Bagley graduated early from high school
and is doing her premed/biology at the University of Akron.
- Uku Hughes is studying cyber security at Tallinn Technical University, in Estonia.
Last Saturday, 11/6/2021, The Ohio Grade Level Championships were held. CCL finished clear first in 6th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grades. Listed with the below pictures are the players name and which grade they won. A complete rating report on this event is at http://www.uschess.org/msa/XtblMain.php?202111061172.0-16280602.
We have always had the honor of becoming a CCL graduate, which includes a lifetime membership to CCL , based on good behavior, without the need to take lessons from CCL. Anything that CCL has to offer (newsletter, library, team participation, etc. will always be available to you). You need to meet any of the following requirements:
- 1 year in CCL and earning a rating of 2000
- 4 years in CCL and earning a rating of 1900
- 5 years in CCL and earning a rating of 1800
I will probably not know if you meet any of these requirement unless you notify me.
Our 3 new graduates:
Dae San Kim = 4+/1900+
Adeti Mohanselvan = 5+/1800+
Joe Kleban = 5+/1800+
from first to most recent
- John Hughes
- Walker Griggs
- Maggie Feng
- Rahul Ramaswamy
- Annorjan Naguleswaran
- Luke Xie
- Chris Shen
- Noah Keating-Adams
- Sam Massick
- Anagh Kulkarni
- Vikram Srivastava
- Aristo Liu
- Abhi Ramaswamy
- Jason Wang
- Ricky Wang
- Vincent Baker
- Forest Chen
- Neo Zhu
- Alex Kolay
- Xavier Paganini
- Justin Storn
- Stanley Cao
- Elton Cao
- Jasen Lai
- Shourjya Ghosh
- Aryan Balyan
- Viktor Mishkin
- Dakshin Pisini
- Rohan Padhye
- Dae-San Kim
- Adeti Mohanselvan
- Joe Kleban
Cancelled due to Delta varient!
A weekend chess camp by International Master Atanas Kizov
Date: Saturday/Sunday September 11-12, 2021
Time: 9:00 – 5:00
CCL Training Center
at the home of:
Dr. Carrie Casden
736 Watterton Drive
Open only to CCL members and members of a Mulligan Chess Club.
Lectures, game reviews, camp review book, tournament, and many prizes.
Draw or beat Atanas in a 5-1 game or Alan in a 5-2 game and win a $1 coin, tournament trophies, free chess lessons, books, etc.
All chess equipment and snacks will be provided but bring your own lunch.
For more details, or questions call Alan (614) 561-2718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 40% discounts to 2nd/3rd person from the same family, participants coming from over a 45 minute drive fto Columbus, and retired individuals.
100% refunded if you cannot make it to the camp, no questions asked.This camp is only open to the 1st 24 signups! IM Atanas Kizov will be teaching these 6 topics, first 3 on Saturday and the second 3 on Sunday
- Cost of the camp
- two days - $179 by 8/31 - $199 after 8/31
- one day - $99 by 8/31 - $109 after 8/31
- free to a parents of a student in 2nd grade or below
- 40% discount to 2nd student from the same family, students greater than 45 minutes from Columbus, and retired students.