CCL really shined at King’s Island. I will try to give some of the highlights below.
The money winners were:
– The new John seems to be showing up every time now. He has established himself as a solid master (2249) and will finish 12th grade as one of the top adult players in Ohio. He also got $54.50
– Coach Hans makes a stand for the old chess coaches of the world, tying for 1-2 U-2300 prize. Taking home $1,095.50 for his 4-1 score in the open section.
– Noah Keating-Adams scored 3.5 and ended in a two way tie for 5th place. He netted $136.50 for his efforts. Noah has been consistently playing at expert strength this year.
– Who is that riding his stallion and swinging his sword over his head, it is Srivastava! Vikram, long overdue, showed how strong of a player he is. He swept the U-1900 field 5-0 to finish in clear 1st place and took home $1,823.00.
– Forest took the trip up from Tennessee to join us for this tournament. And he stayed in his good form of late, finishing 4-0 which was good for a 6 way tie for 3rd place and $182.34.
– Shourjya (who has been on a tear of late, but perhaps not satisfied) and Divyesh came into the spotlight. They both scored 4 points and shared a 3 way tie for 4th place. They each got $212.67 for their efforts.
– Coming off a 5-0 sweep at the Clover Challenge, Jeremy played the ‘Swiss Gambit’ to perfection at King’s Island. He finished with 4.5 and took home $1458 for tying for first with an unrated player!! Watch out for Jeremy at the grade levels, he is smokin’!
– In this section it was time for ‘the little one’ to have her breakout tournament. Emma double dipped, taking home $319 for her two way tie for 3rd with 4 points as well as $182.50 for tying for 1st place team in the mixed doubles. Is it legal for a ‘little one’ to win over $500?
– Akul, just in pre-ccl a few months ago, took home $36.50 for his 3.5 point tied for 5th finish. He might be scratching his head asking why Emma got so much money when he beat her in this tournament.
We had a number of other great results that do not show up in the money column because those players chose to play up. You can see them in our 25 club.
– 25 club
- Emma +159 1296
- Vikram +127 1976
- Shourjya +115 1698
- Tim +111 1777
- Kunal +109 1399
- Ethan +94 1297
- Jeremy +81 1577
- Phillip +77 1816
- Aditya +70 1062
- Akul +65 1275
- Sanjay +64 1010
- Timothy +63 1437
- Stanley +53 1768
- Victor L +53 1362
- Kevin +51 1310
- Ayush +50 1320
- Divyesh +46 1666
- Forest +43 1862