Despite many students from the CCL School not showing up for this event, we managed to win 7 or the 13 sections. The ‘I can’t believe it’ of the tournament was when Joe Kleban, who only played in 2 tournament games in the last 2 years, came in clear 1st in the 10th grade division. Although we had many top 5 finishes, I am only going to list our Grade Level Champions below. Complete results are at http://www.neilley.com/chess/results/2017glresults.pdf.
- Grade 12 – Jasen Lai; sole champion
- Grade 10 – Joe Kleban; sole champion
- Grade 9 – Justin Storn; sole champion
- Grade 7 – Karthik Kallam and Lainie Massick; co-champions
- Grade 6 – Atharva Sapre; sole champion
- Grade 5 – Dae San Kim; sole champion
- Grade 4 – Edison Liu; co-champion
The pictures below can be viewed as large images by clicking on a picture.