I set up a Group Twitter account for The CCL Chess School. I believe that this could be a very valuable place for us to share information with each others. For example:
- Have something interesting to report from a chess tournament
- I will be sending updates from the Cleveland Open this weekend
- Saw something on the Internet or the broadcasting of an interesting chess tournament
- Looking for a ride to a chess tournament
- Want to know what the group thinks of something
This will help to move the communications in CCL from a downward flow to one where it is more peer based. Useful information will not just come from me but from everyone. I set up the group so that here are no ads and no one can post to the group unless they are in CCL. I believe that if enough of you use this function, there will a great deal of value gained. You do not have to have a twitter account in order to use it and there is no cost to you. I am new to Twitter so let me know any suggestions that you might have.
I have activated the @CCLchess Twitter account with GroupTweet to allow multiple
contributors to Tweet from this account.
It is easy to get started as a contributor just follow these steps:
1) Visit your unique GroupTweet dashboard:
2) Login with Twitter (recommended) or create an account with GroupTweet using your Email address.
3) If you register with a Twitter account you can also Tweet from @CCLchess without visiting the GroupTweet dashboard. You can simply include @CCLchess in a Tweet from your personal Twitter account.
4) If you have any questions feel free to email Support@GroupTweet.com
—————— similar instructions ——————–
I’ve activated @CCLchess with GroupTweet so you all can Tweet from this account and update all of us on how you are doing, etc. If you have a personal Twitter account already just do the following:
1) Click https://GroupTweet.com/CCLchess/56195ea5d780132f1ea7d1a92c018746 and then click “login with Twitter” and sign in with your personal Twitter account to join as a contributor. Once you have done this you will be taken to the @CCLchess GroupTweet dashboard. From here you can send Tweets to the rest of the group.
Additionally, you can also send Tweets from the @CCLchess account using any regular Twitter app (like Twitter for iPhone, Android, etc). Once you’ve joined as a contributor, simply start a Tweet with “@CCLchess” (no quotes needed) and GroupTweet will make sure to rebroadcast your message from the @CCLchess for all the other group members to see.
2) For those of you that don’t already have personal Twitter accounts or don’t want to sign up for one, you can simply visit https://GroupTweet.com/CCLchess/56195ea5d780132f1ea7d1a92c018746 and click the “First click here to register with Email” link in the login popup. Once you’ve registered with your email address, just bookmark the https://GroupTweet.com/CCLchess/56195ea5d780132f1ea7d1a92c018746 link and visit this page whenever you want to send updates from the @CCLchess account.